Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
S

Spare Tool

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I like dayrate cuz you get paid for everything, unloading, mixing, carrying tiles,nipping the shop cuz you've ran out of spacers or picking grout up, having your lunch, can't get stitched up with bad screeding and the inevitable can of worms on bathroom strip outs...no rushing about for going on a bag of sand a week suits me :thumbsup: unfortunately though as with metre rate...no sick pay!! :rolleyes:

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I priced a job yesterday via Whatsapp so I could see it. Jobs in Sheffield, I'm Nottingham. 1200x1200 15mm porcs in a new build large house. About 70 mtrs. Priced it at £30 psm labour only, sent it off by text, reply was a big laughing emoji and "you need to be nearer to £20"

Reaction score
I priced a job yesterday via Whatsapp so I could see it. Jobs in Sheffield, I'm Nottingham. 1200x1200 15mm porcs in a new build large house. About 70 mtrs. Priced it at £30 psm labour only, sent it off by text, reply was a big laughing emoji and "you need to be nearer to £20"
What you quoted is more than a fair price respect aytiling

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I get that on nearly all my jobs, thats why I can’t get my head around people saying £50 m2 or i stay at home :( , london maybe, but most places in britain will tell you to do one i recon

tomarry

TF
Reaction score
I think we should set up a Tilers union and start setting prices across the board so we can all have new vans and more holidays. I try and aim at £250 a day and £70-£100 for glass mosaic £45-£60 for porcelain but generally we look at each job individually and price according location size of property and quality of cars on the driveway :)

Reaction score
Great seeing this thread. I live in Oz but a new partner in Uk means im living between both worlds. Rates in Oz are very similar to yours. More floor screeding to wet areas instead of underlay
Oz tends to have more full height tile and larger main floors so while the rates are similar we stick on more area.
Unlicenced foreign workers run by one main guy cause a lot of problems nowadays as they arent playing by the rules and getting away with it. Legitimate guys have higher overheads and struggle to compete. Builders turn a blind eye to get the jobs done then fix up the poor work later.
I hope this helps?

Reaction score
Prices will vary in areas you live Just makes me laugh when I get a phone call been tile for 6 weeks out of made up college and they told him you will be able to charge £140.00 a day what does that say I done 5 years and it took and my biggest pay day in the 5y was 20.00 per day lol 15 years to be able to charge 140.00 -40 years £275.00 per day +vat will no complaints
Just shows made up college are only doing it for the money at a charge of 2000-2500 per 6 weeks

Reaction score
Why would you ever skimp on quality for the sake of saving the customer a few quid? I understand it can be difficult to turn work down if you're quiet, but surely if you cut your quality, you cut your reputation and build a rod for your own back?

Simply because there are different owners, with different bodgets.

I did only a bathroom with only full tiles, not cuts, in my life. Took me 2 months to complete it.

Should I expect another 20 yrs before I take the next similar job from a customer that could afford to pay something like this?

I don't want to move too far, I am living in a small town, sometimes going to London, but only for old customers.

I don't mind the reputation, if the customer needs a job to look fine and last it obviously takes more time to prepare and tile it, if not, I tell them by writing that's not the suitable for
their job. If they agree, than I do not mind to tile with 4 mm spacers instead of 2mm, for example. If I do not take it, they will offer to the next handyman they find. There are few people with houses worthing 2-3 millions around me. If the customer owe an old house where there is nothing straight, plaster, decoration are awful, there is a non sense to tile top quality, they do not want to pay for it. Many do not want to pay for tanking, for example, even if I seriously reduce the warranty for it....

There are many people who want flat and levelled tiled surfaces, but they offer poor level. I can tile directly, no mater what level is, or take my time to level the support first. This work takes time that should be paid. This increase the price by sqm, even to double, not many are happy to pay it.

As told before, if I don't want to take it, they will find the next handy to do it or they will do it by themself, they won't call you to pay you the double for some more quality....

L

LM

Lee im from the same area as yourself and most guys around bangor ar around 25-30
Yes but I’m referring to aytiling’s post where he’s expected to fit 1200x1200x15mm for £20mtr. What would you price blind for 70mtr floor in that gear?

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yes but I’m referring to aytiling’s post where he’s expected to fit 1200x1200x15mm for £20mtr. What would you price blind for 70mtr floor in that gear?
First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly
First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly £2000 . And yourself?

L

LM

First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly

First off they could be a nightmare to cut but roughly £2000 . And yourself?
It’s definitely a two man job with tiles that thickness and depending on layout I wouldn’t be too far from where your at also, £2-2.5k labour only.

Balloo

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It’s definitely a two man job with tiles that thickness and depending on layout I wouldn’t be too far from where your at also, £2-2.5k labour only.
The problem in northern Ireland though is men from the west north west are still willing to work for £80 a day and some of them are very good

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock