Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
between 30 and 50 depending on material , day rates 175 min more for London

Reaction score
Across the water in N.Ire we have the same problems Culrossblue , I've noticed a trend with some customers opting for the cheapet quote , this often backfires and then end up paying more in the long run .
Asking more than 150 per day or 20 per M could potentially slow the work flow .

Reaction score
Not fair for me to comment as I have hung my trowel up. I now have a wetroom website. 20 years on the tools and another just short of 20 selling wetrooms. However, I do speak to a lot of bathroom shops and tilers. It's a hard one to answer. Not only because it depends where you are geographically, and what you are fixing. Also, is it a regular builder that you sub for, or a West end of London very high spec' one off that you know has the possibility of being a pain! If I had a gun to my head and had to give a national average, I would say £200.00 per day labour. But obviously some jobs would be a lot more, and some a little less.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The reason we generally don't allow prices in public is because people will hold you to it, and over time prices change.

It also allows people to register to contact a member offering a job instead of seeing a price and ringing them if they can beat it. Hence no phone numbers in the main either.

However if we perhaps had an annual thread or one every few years we could see the trends change maybe. And nobody is holding you to prices in this kind of thread.

Please keep the thread on topic. If you don't want to contribute you would do us a favour just not posting because it saves us time clearing up your waffle.

Thanks.

cp3147

TF
Reaction score
tile Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day - How much do tilers charge?

View attachment 107212

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?

Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.

And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.

Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn't what I'd expect to pay anymore. It's not the 90's lol
tile Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day - How much do tilers charge?

View attachment 107212

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?

Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.

And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.

Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn't what I'd expect to pay anymore. It's not the 90's lol

The question with a thousand answers... domestic basic square tile (ceramics under 300mm) £35m2 and rising according to design, tile size/type, location, background preparation including matting/UFH/tanking.

Reaction score
tile Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day

Around the midlands tended to be between £25 for ceramics up to £40 for natural stone. Though larger tile sizes continue to be the trend at the moment so would expect there to be some movement north of this if choosing a larger format tile.

O

One Day

Preston area, Lancaster, South lakes, ribble Valley area. Expect to pay £150 a day up to £250 a day for top end work.
As I've said before, it depends what ponds you fish in.

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock