Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
On average £50 m2 inc is where I am..
But usually most of the work I take on is either bitty or needs
prep/straightening up... so looking at £250+ day rate..
There again every job is different so do price accordingly.. for example if it’s a Small 2m splashback .. would have to charge 1/2 day just because of the time to set up etc...
G.

aytiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
On average £50 m2 inc is where I am..
But usually most of the work I take on is either bitty or needs
prep/straightening up... so looking at £250+ day rate..
There again every job is different so do price accordingly.. for example if it’s a Small 2m splashback .. would have to charge 1/2 day just because of the time to set up etc...
G.
What's the "inc". If your on £250 a day and £50 psm you're knocking out 5 mtrs or there abouts a day?
Lets say your on 10 mtrs. (and that's really slow in my opinion) your pocketing £500 a day, nice going.

B

Bill

I am a bit confused by many about the use of a day rate in comparison to a m2 rate. The 2 should not be connected because the 2 terms are for different aspects of tile - or so they should be.

I was always taught (and paid) that dayrate or day work was for prep and setting out large or tricky jobs, loading if in difficult circumstances and any collecting of materials, if a distance away. On odd occasions as youngster, I would be paid a dayrate for grouting somebody else's work (usually epoxy too!) Basically menial tasks that were not trade specific.

Most of my work has been on a price per metre basis (or job if it is a small project) - probably 99%.

If I can do the job quicker then well done me but if it takes longer then that is probably my fault.

F

Flintstone

Tom, what do you do it your working for a builder or such like who provides regular work with all kinds of tiles and areas ?

J

J Sid

as you Tom, day rate and m2 is totally different. M2 rate or price for job and day rate or hr rate for odds and sods.

B

Bill

Tom, what do you do it your working for a builder or such like who provides regular work with all kinds of tiles and areas ?
I price per metre - the price fluctuates for what I need to do. Builders seem happy with a flat rate of tile as they price jobs by m2 rate to build. This way it is easier for them to add so much m2 for their price when making a profit and loss on their job. Also, I can't string the job along for an extra day or two as I would be deemed too slow. If if a builder sees that my price is roughly in the same ball park as others but I get it done quicker (same standard of course) - they generally use me. I might earn £500 one day but a dayrate feller might use 2 days @ £250 - builders want you in and out, in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I’ve got about 80+ m2 of wood effect porc planks but they’re 2100x350!! What m2 price would people go in at? (Midlands area)
Also how much do you think one of them bad boys would weigh? (10mm thick I think)
Is it silly to even contemplate doing it on my own or do you think this would have to be a 2 person job?

D

Dumbo

I reckon about 25 kilo not sure about on your own self but last planks I did which were 1.2 x 250 was £40 lab but obs yours are bigger heavier and require probably a tool upgrade

H

hmtiling

I’ve got about 80+ m2 of wood effect porc planks but they’re 2100x350!! What m2 price would people go in at? (Midlands area)
Also how much do you think one of them bad boys would weigh? (10mm thick I think)
Is it silly to even contemplate doing it on my own or do you think this would have to be a 2 person job?
They'll be slightly heavier than 1200x600s which are manageable. If I didn't have a trainee I'd still definitely take it on

O

One Day

Get yourself x2 suction lifters (for textured tiles) and you'll be fine handling them alone.

B

Bill

Every time you fit a full one, think of it as 3/4 of your m2 rate.......... fit 2 in 20mins and this time next year Rodders....

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock