Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Christy Wayne I've been tile 38 yrs & i would never entertain 1200 x 600 tile I'm quite happy to pick up the smaller format tile nowadays & that's now only when I can be bother to get the tools out

H573

TF
Reaction score
Don’t know if this really matters, or adds to the debate,but in Zambia any form of construction, finishing trades isn’t a well paid job, it’s getting better. It’s all relative, Local lads charge around 25-35 kwacha M2 (£1.80) the work is terrible though( see pics this is classed as a decent finish here), no prep, proper setting out whatsoever. The Zimbabwean lads are better, they take more pride in their work and charge around 50 kwacha M2 (£3) I’ve just set up over here, complete newbie to the tile game last job I did ( my first paid job )I was on 60 kwacha M2 (£3.59) 1200x150 porcelain with mosaic on walls, 600x300 Ceramic on floor just tile. Once I get known for my work and my reputation and portfolio grows I’ll be able to charge a lot more, you just have to get your foot in the door here.

6036C416-A38E-45B4-A49A-351492CBE2D5.jpeg

A29A868E-377A-4187-8AA3-0256427EC8A5.jpeg

D

Dumbo

Larger commercial work is a completely different ball game, rates are a lot lower.
But then some of my lads I've took on for a months works and they've been with me for 5 years, pretty much solid. And.......... they don't have to have insurance, they get paid fortnightly, they don't have to go out and price work or chase it, no chasing of payments, tax deductions are done for them, and most importantly its not them taking any commercial risk its me so if a job goes wrong they don't have to worry about it.
I think a lot of the posts here are from guys having to do a lot of this for themselves, and like has been said in this thread "what is your time worth?" as with most things its worth what someone will pay for it.
Peace of mind that you've got steady work can be worth its weight in gold if you don't like the hassle of chasing other people.

As a rule of thumb our day rates aren't far off the rates in other posts, but we like to work on fixing 10 m2 per day minimum, so if your charging £200 rate should be £20, labour only of course. But then this would be for just turning up and fixing.
The available m2 on a commercial job are completely different to doing a domestic bathroom (We currently have a 3000m2 job running for 7 months and a 1800m2 job for 6 months), and I've known a lot of fixers over 30 years in the business that get excited by the rates in the domestic market. But when a plumber or other trade (or customer) hasn't got the job ready and they have an abortive day, domestic don't get paid, but commercial guys do.

It can be horses for courses, and what one person will prefer another won't but don't get put off by the lower rates in the commercial sector. There are other benefits to lower rates.
But with commercial jobs you generally do a larger meterage than you would turning up to an 8m conservatory .

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
£30m2 upwards. Depending on layout. Cuts. Tiles.
I tend to do a job rate for most work but this would include prep work on a day rate of £150. Metros and mosaics I charge a day rate.

Reaction score
Did charge pr m2 .. But 3 yrs ago went on day rate plus materials ( which I make a little on ) was on £150 or day but now at £165 . Will be increasing to £170 by end of this year . tile in and around East Yorkshire 15 yrs

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Like Ive said many times, pricing posts are the devils anus , you get lads saying “I won’t get out of bed for less than £50m2 (in lancashire, you charge that you will be in bed a lot)
Or “ you’re underpricing yourself “
No im not, @£25 m2 on big floors i earn a fortune , but on bathrooms @around £30m2 I won’t, but i earn enough .
I don’t know where some lads get their ideas on wages on the internet , ive been in the trade for over 3 decades, i know a lot of trade workers, and i know they , including me, don’t earn half of what these bullshitters, sorry internet tradesmen earn or think they are worth a week ;)

Martin

TF
Reaction score
Hexagon tile, 2 different sizes, approx 250mm and 100mm. Received quotes in East London ranging from £60/m2 to £100/m2 excluding addy, grout and trim.
This tipe tiles You need really experience tiler ho work with this tiles then take care don't bay cheap copies as you will newer clean the tiles this tiles are really fragile you need apply sealant before laying them and before grout

chas

TF
Reaction score
Dublin prices vary depending on client/ builder.
Varies from 25m2 till 50m2
Daywork similar from 200-300 per day.

I

Italy

I don't care how much the rate is.
I only care how much I have to invoice.
the difference is only there.
because my work partner wants 50% (the state).
I hope the speech is clear

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry thats outrageous Simon, it's nice work if you can get it but £250/£300 a day some people get that a week in wages,& thats another reason why I don't fix anything above 600x600
Ive spent 10k on tooling for the large tiles so the rate reflects that. What we have to do to get tiles up stairs is dangerous. If HS saw us they would have a fit. Another thing a tile can cost upwards of £600 if we break it we replace it :):)

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock