Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ironically I've had a couple of issues today. I've had steady work from a company in York for the last 6 years. Solid, decent work. I charged them £30/m and £150/day for prep work etc. They also provide materials. On the cheaper side for York but it was steady work and paid every Monday. Had a fall out couple of weeks back so I'm back pricing jobs. I lost 3 bathrooms this morning due to somebody being cheaper. And the job I've been doing the last couple of weeks (for a plumber/friend I know) he thought I was expensive. I charged him £25/m and £125/day. It was an 80m floor (1200 x 600) plus a couple of days prep. Hand sanded the floor, 2 coats of Primer, layed durabase. He expected £25/m for everything!!
He'll be getting to see this thread tomorrow

Deyna

TF
Reaction score
Not in the trade but I would expect to be paying more for working with porcelain or awkward tile shapes/designs. This is just from personal experience of working with them compared to standard ceramics.

If it were me I would be working on day rate rather than by the metre taking the above into consideration.

Reaction score
Hope it's alright to ask this. I'm not actually a tiler yet but hoping to get into the trade soon. Can someone explain to me why the differences in prices, I.e 30 per m2 for ceramic but 40 per m2 for natural stone or marble etc? And say 30 m2 for 10mm thick (example thickness) but 35 m2 over 10mm thick? Do these m2 prices include https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout etc?

S

Spare Tool

This has all got to be based regionally...however I don't think for one minute someones getting away with charging 40-£50pm all day every day, that's going on £200k a year...lets be realistic eh :tearsofjoy:

Based on 10-20m a day, which is being realistic, we must have some millionaires on here then..

Reaction score
As everyone has mentioned above, costs can vary dramatically but a quick price for walls and floors would be £35 per sq meter, £200 day rate which would be for kitchens and geometric patterns. £55 per sq meter for most stone work. All of those costs would be for tile labour. Preperation would be an additional charge, rough estimate would be just under double.

Reaction score
Usually price the job as a whole and separate out materials ( adhesives/ backer board/ slc/ decoupling / trims / grouts/ silicones/ diamond bits etc and tiles if I’m supplying) with a separate quote for labour at 200 a day unless I’m staying away then it’s + expenses.
If it’s fix only then per m2 depending on type of tile and layout.. 30-40 for ceramics.. 40-50 for larger formats extra for mosaics/ natural stone/ herringbone/ Victorian etc

andreas

TF
Reaction score
Hope it's alright to ask this. I'm not actually a tiler yet but hoping to get into the trade soon. Can someone explain to me why the differences in prices, I.e 30 per m2 for ceramic but 40 per m2 for natural stone or marble etc? And say 30 m2 for 10mm thick (example thickness) but 35 m2 over 10mm thick? Do these m2 prices include https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout etc?
Jobs with natural stone products simply require more time to lay and finish, all the cuts have to be done on wet cutter , they also need cleaning and sealing . In general thicker material involves more fitting time due to slower cutting process.

Reaction score
£45 sq mtr walls £35 floors if porcelain or ceramic and a reasonable size tile. Anything else would be on a day rate of £175/200 depending on travel time parking etc. Hope it helps

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock