Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Kedo

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Minimum £30pm or averaging 200-250 per day

Reaction score
If it's any consolation agencies now will not employ tilers with less than 3 yrs experience behind them& here's the Tom Robinson bit oh & ps he's a tool in my opinion to many foreign imports don't help matters

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
tile Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day - How much do tilers charge?

Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn't what I'd expect to pay anymore. It's not the 90's lol

To be honest £150 a day rate is fairly normal here for me as there are about a zillion folk undercutting everyone. £20 a meter plus materials is the lowest i do for regular work but there is no chance of achieving some of the rates mentioned in here unless i want to sit at home most of the day and not even have Jeremy Kyle to keep me entertained while i wait for someone to say yes to it. I quoted £200 with all materials for 3m a herringbone splashback and they couldn't get me out the door quick enough and that was me going cheap as a space filler

Reaction score

View attachment 107212

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?

Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.

And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.

Just wanted to get the facts straight for those searching, as £150 per day or £20 per meter isn't what I'd expect to pay anymore. It's not the 90's lol
Personally I work my prices out at a minimum of £200 per day. I then work out square meterage to see what works best. I find pricing jobs where there is a lot of scribing and cuts impossible to work out on a m2 , so revert back to day rate. Obviously large floors work out better on m2 than a day rate so change accordingly.

Reaction score
Daniel regarding tools don't go wading in buy the whole shebang in one go,yes buy stainless steel notched trowels believe genesis have a full set of these for around £40 may a little bit cheaper get a good quality level set stabila Id may preferred choice definitely get a top end cutting machine get the rest from screwfix to start with or even protiler tools then good from there

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Essex sole trader only ever tile my own private work.
£35 sqm plus materials for ramic/porc
£45 sqm stone plus materials
£200 day rate kitchen walls for metros etc

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Any Prep, daywork or bathroom tiling we charge £200/£220 per day. Floors minimum £30 /£50. As for large format its a joke. Customers don't want to pay what our work is worth. I would like £250/300 a day which is not excessive.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I mainly do full refits but work prices out on the following:

tile (labour and materials) - £40 sqm upto 300 x 600 walls, 600 x 600 floors.
ceramic and porcelain.

Northants, Bucks area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sorry thats outrageous Simon, it's nice work if you can get it but £250/£300 a day some people get that a week in wages,& thats another reason why I don't fix anything above 600x600

JamesW

TF
Reaction score
Depends what you think your times worth.

As said depends on the prep required, i usually go with 30m2 standard if there is any special requirement ie small job charge a day rate of 250.

Bushy

TF
Reaction score

View attachment 107212

I know this is a hard one to answer. But just as an approximate guide for those searching for how much a tiler costs, and landing on websites such as my builder who seem to be selling tilers for pennies, how much you been charging either day rate or per meter generally?

Perhaps if you could split your work between your fancy stuff, and your bread-winning stuff over the past year or so, then do that so we can see the difference.

And then perhaps price per floors and per walls? If different at all.

Reaction score
£25m2 sometimes £30 depending how I get a feel for the job that's labour only daywork on any prep £120/£150 again on I get a feel for the job

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
These day rate figures are in no way relation to the metre rates getting batted about..
I know £50/60 m2 or £180 day rate? so 3/4m2 a day , that tiler would be gone, the tortoise :)
Its all postcode is pricing imo, you will get the ofd person around lancashire charging £40/50m2 , but not many , id say the national average is around £35/45 inc materials , around burnley is probably around £25/35 inc and around £180 day rate , lads in some parts of Ireland are getting around €15/20 m2

Reply to Tiling Rates Per Square Meter / Per Day – How much do tilers charge? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock