Discuss Tiling over UFH using a levelling compound onto Marmox Boards in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be tiling my bathroom this weekend and want to make sure I'm set up to get it all finished by Sunday evening.

The existing substrate:

18mm plywood
12.5mm marmox board

I'm fitting an electric underfloor heating mat and propose to use a self leveling compound and then tile over the top.

A few questions:

Recommendations for the self levelling compound?
I was thinking Mapei 3240 Renovation screed with the primer, read some positive feedback on here but are there any other suggestions?

Whats the best way to seal the areas I don't want the compound to go? door threshold, under the bath etc. I was thinking about using some timber screwed down but not sure if theres a better method?

Tile adhesive recommendations? I was planning to use Mapei MAPEKER RAPID SET FLEX. Any other suggestions?

Any general tips or advice to make my life easier? It's only 4m2 but still plenty to go wrong!

Thanks in advance

H

hmtiling

Glue and screw boards using washers. Prime boards, let dry, slc, prime, let dry and tile.
I think that adhesive is a C2, I personally would want an s1. Go to a tile shop as opposed to screwfix or b&q.
Expanding foam is my preferred damming method.
P.s. Get standard set and take longer would be my advice

H

hmtiling

Glue and screw boards using washers. Prime boards, let dry, slc, prime, let dry and tile.
I think that adhesive is a C2, I personally would want an s1. Go to a tile shop as opposed to screwfix or b&q.
Expanding foam is my preferred damming method.
P.s. Get standard set and take longer would be my advice
The renovation screed is good

Reaction score
Mapei renovation screed is good, make sure you use correct primers.

I also use foam and cut excess off after SLC set.

Mapeker isn’t very user friendly imo. I would use an S1 adhesive from any repuable manafacturer - your local tile shop should carry a few options. Does it have to be rapid? A slow set would be easier for you if you can wait overnight to grout.

Reply to Tiling over UFH using a levelling compound onto Marmox Boards in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks