Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over old bitumen vinyl tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, Im new to the forum have always found what I was looking for up to now just browsing the existing threads but wanted to check this out.... If I have missed a previous thread with the answer I apologise in advance.
Im currently renovating a property for rental the kitchen is in and the walls are tiled but i now want to tile over the existing kitchen floor. Its a late 50's early 60's property with concrete floor and the typical 9" square "vinyl" tiles which I assume to be bitumen asbestos based.
They are all soundly fixed and I have gone ahead and bought materials but now Im having doubts.
I intended applying ditra 25 using ardex AF200plus then tile over with my usual Mapei Keraquick !
Is this the right way to go? I thought I had read an article somewhere about this but Im now struggling to find it hence my doubts.
Thanks for any advice offered

Reaction score
Good evening,
You best phone Ardex technical and check.

Looking at the tech spec for the product I suspect it won't stick.

If your a mapei man, eco prim grip to prime then keraquick to stick the mat and tiles down would work.

OP
humourme2
Reaction score
I gave them a call.... As you say the adhesion would be a bit suspect, the recommendation was to apply Arditex NA then put the ditra down with the AF200.
Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

OP
humourme2
Reaction score
I gave them a call.... As you say the adhesion would be a bit suspect, the recommendation was to apply Arditex NA then put the ditra down with the AF200.
Thanks for your help:thumbsup:

Good evening,
You best phone Ardex technical and check.

Looking at the tech spec for the product I suspect it won't stick.

If your a mapei man, eco prim grip to prime then keraquick to stick the mat and tiles down would work.
I know its been 2 years since i posted this but im back with a new query and thought id just say that i went with the eco prim grip and keraquick as per your suggestion and it all went well. A very belated thank you, off to post another af200 query!

Reply to Tiling over old bitumen vinyl tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock