Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over floorboards in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've a victorian cottage and I want to tile the bathroom floor which currently has exposed floorboards. These have been previously gap-filled and sealed. Can I use ditra matting on this substrate or is it a case of replacing the boards with 15mm marine ply? I don't think its feasible to add ply on top as this will leave a 25mm plus step into the bathroom.

Your advice would be greatly appreviated.

Thanks

OP
E

epymsam

Just a note, the floorboards are not tongue and groove, just pine planks, so there is probably more independent movement when compared to T&G boards.

OP
C

Concept PHT

Hi there,

I would always lay ply on top of new or old boards, seal/tank as required and crack on with the tile from there.

Other than that, lift the floorboards and re lay with new t&g, making sure they are well in place and crack on with the sealing etc... Bit of a task though :)

Reply to Tiling over floorboards in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock