Discuss Tiling over existing tiles advice... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Rating
5.00 star(s)
M

Mark Gill

Hi Everyone, looking for a bit of help for my upcoming kitchen re-design!

The tiled floor is sound and flat, tiling over it will actually help raise the floor to a similar level to the rest of the ground floor, but I do have some questions!

I am using a 600 x 600mm porcelain tile with Mapei rapid set flexible adhesive, do I need to sand/rough up the old tiles and prime with something? Any other advice? (other than don't tile over tile :)

W

WetSaw

Have you tiled before? You're going to be better off with standard set adhesive rather than rapid set, especially with tiles that size.

M

Mark Gill

Tiled a bit, but I was worried about how quick it will set! What would you recommend using?

M

Mark Gill

Probably been down for a few years, they are sound, just have a vision of the new tiles coming loose if I don't do something right!!

O

One Day

Have a read of the attached document. :)
but I would only consider tile on tile if you are 100% certain the existing tiles and substrate are up to it.

Attachments

• 6324_ECO_Prim_Grip_EN_lr.pdf
    509.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've attached the file to the thread for future reference. It may disappear from where it was originally hosted. :)

Reply to Tiling over existing tiles advice... in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks