Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling over existing ceramic tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

klunk

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

So i have a bathroom floor to tile the house is around 8 months old and they want the floor tiles changing but adamant dont want the mess of ripping up old ones,

Whats a good https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to use i was going use mapei flexible and some kind of primer after i have cleaned old tiles with sugar soap

Any tips welcome

O

On one

Its level with the carpet in the bedroom , they are happy to have a slight step created its a ensuite
So the existing floor is unlikely to have any overboarding if the the floor heights are level.
Your taking a risk overtiling, not knowing what the makeup of the subfloor is. If you were to take this job on I would be explaining to the customer that no guarantee's would be offered and that entails for you if it did fail.

OP
K

klunk

TF
Reaction score
So the existing floor is unlikely to have any overboarding if the the floor heights are level.
Your taking a risk overtiling, not knowing what the makeup of the subfloor is. If you were to take this job on I would be explaining to the customer that no guarantee's would be offered and that entails for you if it did fail.
I have explained im not happy overtiling but i have done a lot of work in past for them and members of their family so dont really want give them a flat no, regarding substrate i assume as its a new build and was tiled when built it was prepared properly so the floor was level

S

Spare Tool

If you really must tile over (not in any way advised due to relying on previous prep) prime and grip primer, Mapei or TM will give you the best bond to existing tiles...

D

Dumbo

Got failure written all over it , it's not anything like tile over a solid screed floor .

T

Time's Ran Out

Sometimes you just have to take control - do it correctly or walk away - or you will find you don’t get any more work from them.
Nowhere have you said it’s a timber or solid floor.

F

Flintstone

Take them up of don't do the job, it's a new build and weather it be timber or a screed floor, they will have been fixed badly.

Reply to Tiling over existing ceramic tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock