Discuss Tiling Over C16 Timber in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mickbristol

Hi,
I am building a shower/wetroom frame with C16 timber type of wood.
I plan to use either tiles or splash wall panel all over 10mm Marmox backing boards.
My question is for the shower tray step, made of c16 timber and about 6 inches height.
To save the Marmox space backing board, I wonder if the tile or long piece of splash wall cut, can be fixed directly (with a special adhesive?) right onto the timber ?

Thanks for you help and advice.

M.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Never fit any tiles onto softwood. Either cover with marmox, or make it of solid marmox.
All will need joints and screw washers tanking. Ardex sticks very well to insilatin board.

M

Mickbristol

Hi,
I thought the C16 timber wasnt classified as a softwood ? it is a construsction timber..
How do you make solid Marmox ?
Thanks

Reply to Tiling Over C16 Timber in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks