Discuss Tiling over acrylic splashback???? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been asked to tile over an acrylic splashback in a kitchen with 60x250on tiles.
The surface is sound but client doesn't want to remove it as it was fitted before her worktop and wall units were!
I'm thinking about scratching the surface with coarse sandpaper and then prime it before tiling.
I've told client I would look into it and she's happy for me to go ahead but I want to be able to guarantee the work.
Any info or views on this job would be appreciated.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Hi all.
I've been asked to tile over an acrylic splashback in a kitchen with 60x250on tiles.
The surface is sound but client doesn't want to remove it as it was fitted before her worktop and wall units were!
I'm thinking about scratching the surface with coarse sandpaper and then prime it before tiling.
I've told client I would look into it and she's happy for me to go ahead but I want to be able to guarantee the work.
Any info or views on this job would be appreciated.
Why try to guarantee something that's not being done properly?? I don't know why you would do that ? Can a thin overboard of some material be used ? But really you have hopefully made it clear that this is not anywhere near a ideal tiling method !you will do what you can but really it's not something I'd ever guarantee!!

Reaction score
Why try to guarantee something that's not being done properly?? I don't know why you would do that ? Can a thin overboard of some material be used ? But really you have hopefully made it clear that this is not anywhere near a ideal tiling method !you will do what you can but really it's not something I'd ever guarantee!!
Cheers for the reply.
I should have said I already told her that I probably wouldn't be able to guarantee the work.

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply.
I should have said I already told her that I probably wouldn't be able to guarantee the work.
Good on you !! There are wrong and right ways !! And as long as both parties are clear together then all good !! We don't live in a world where everyone can afford perfection !!

Reply to Tiling over acrylic splashback???? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks