Discuss Tiling onto masonry in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all. Going to be tiling inside my shower tray 1200 x 700. Using 1200 x 600 tiles. The 1200 wall is a stud wall so will use backer board, the 700 wall is masonry. Should I take the plaster back to the brick work then bring it out or can I tile straight onto the skimmed wall?

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all. Going to be tiling inside my shower tray 1200 x 700. Using 1200 x 600 tiles. The 1200 wall is a stud wall so will use backer board, the 700 wall is masonry. Should I take the plaster back to the brick work then bring it out or can I tile straight onto the skimmed wall?
Hi. You could apply a thinner backer board to that wall and fix accordingly. Less labour intensive than stripping out.

P

Philipio

I'm glad I saw the last comment here as that's what I'm doing, so glad for the confirmation. I'm taking old tiles off the masonry walls in the corner of the room and relining it with Abacus Elements 6mm boards fixed with Abacus fix-KST adhesive. Then I'll tile on top of those boards once dry and stable. Expensive, but hopefully effective.

Reply to Tiling onto masonry in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks