Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Colo

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello,
I have a small kitchen to tile in porcelain onto a concrete floor and would be grateful for your views on using a decouple membrane.

I have lifted the old tiles and cleaned up the substrate which is in good condition. There is a small hair line crack which has been covered with self levelling compound when the floor was previously tiled and the crack had not come through the SLC so I asume the flooer is stable. The tiles I lifted were in good condition. (apart from being put down using dot and dab.) In the past have always tiled straight onto the concrete using flexible cement, but I now see that there is a system that decouples the tiles. Is it worth using on a small kitchen.

Thanks for any advice.

20200226_082958[1].jpg

Reaction score
I take it you're not responsible for the previous dot 'n dab bodge job ?

Reply to Tiling Onto Concrete. Should I use uncoupling mat. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock