Discuss tiling onto brick in bathroom in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

cooper

hi,i have just taken old wall tiles off in my bathroom and the old plaster has come off leaving uneven brickwork,i am just asking if it woulod be possible to tile over the brickwork and make the tiles even with the tile adhesive.

C

cooper

i am only tiling half way up the walls,also going to tile the bathroom floor but the floorboards are uneven ,i was thinking about using 6mm ply would this be any good or should i uae aqua panel

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi cooper,the preperaration of the room is very important,as above i would dot and dab the walls with plasterboard and drywall adhesive and also 6mm ply is too thin if the floors defelction free a 6mm cement board froma tile shop will do the job

have you tiled before cooper

T

tilerjason

tile backer boards or plaster board with tanking kit everyday for me, prep and prevention is most important

Reply to tiling onto brick in bathroom in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks