Discuss Tiling on top of shower tray with tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I’ve tanked a the bathroom walls with Mapei showerproofing kit and I’ve installed a shower tray. The walls are all tiled now and I am going to do the last row in on top of the shower tray.

My question is because Mapei recommend putting the tape along the shower tray and wall and tanking over the tray slightly which is then hidden by the tiles and adhesive thickness, do I need need to leave a gap under the tiles and on top of the tray and still put a bead of sealant along it or is that step replaced by the fact I used the tape? I would still be included to put some sealant in front of the tiles but I don’t know if I should be leaving a small gap to fill also or do I but the tiles up straight on the tray? Although doing that could cause them to crack if there is any movement with the tray?

Any advice would be great. Thank you

Reply to Tiling on top of shower tray with tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks