Discuss Tiling on duckboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I have three bathrooms to tile and the surface is duckboard. I normally seal all surfaces I tile onto with a PVA solution. Does anyone know if I need to do this for duckboard?:confused:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What do you mean by duckboard? The only ones I can find are ones that you stand on when you get out of the shower. Don't suppose you mean Hardboard?

Reaction score
No, this board has got what looks like a rough green layer on the top. Someone else said they thought it might be called aquaboard. I assume it's meant to be water resistant, and that's why I wonder if it's worth PVA'ing.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
oooh I know the stuff, I think, like what goes in new-builds for the upper floors? If so, I'd say stick to the usual adhesion rules, even though it's water resistant it'll still allow some PVA to soak in to it. Although it depends on what adhesive you plan to use, I think you can get away with a standard two part mix for that anyway.

Reply to Tiling on duckboard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks