Discuss Tiling on concrete beams in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi there, I need some advice on replacing some decking with tiles. Current decking is on timber struts attached to concrete beams. I would like to remove the decking and then tile onto the beams.
Do the cavities need to be filled or more beams inserted to reduce the space between the beams? I’d prefer not to lay a slab as there are some pipes from a ground source heat pump that we may need access too.
See attached images.
Would appreciate some input and advice please.
Thanks
Dennis
08C52E5A-9B54-4324-8D1B-F62972636E83.jpeg
0861AECF-EAF1-477E-88C1-2B60C23A06CC.jpeg
C6261F44-5131-4FA3-935A-E87B53B6F307.jpeg

E

Edd The Tiler

I'd say you need to lay a slab, but somebody else may have better ideas mate. Where abouts do the pipes you need access to run and could they be re-routed?

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I would prefer not to lay a slab due to the pipes.
I was considering laying more beams to reduce the gap between the beams??

Reply to Tiling on concrete beams in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks