Discuss Tiling on a sheet vinyl floor - old wetroom in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

R

Richard Edwards

I've been to see a proposed job today and would appreciate some advise from you guys who have tackled this issue before.

The wet room floor is old, sound and very stable. concrete / cement leveller underneath a dot finished vinyl type floor. The floor was put down about 7 years ago by Bush Healthcare for an infirm lady and she has passed on. The surface is a heavy duty stippled vinyl sheet and lapped up the walls with a corner fillet former. I will take the fillet former out and sort that out.

I really would like to lay mosacis down on the vinyl sheet material, basically because its sound and solid and it would be a potch to lift it.

Can you advise what prep and primer you might use , or have used on similar in the past with 100% success.

If I lay on top on the sheet, I will prob use either flexible - one / two pack or a polymer ad mix.

Any thoughts guys ?

A photo attached if this helps-coming to this message later.

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Reactions
You must be logged in to see the message.

Reactions

M

mikethetile

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Reply to Tiling on a sheet vinyl floor - old wetroom in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.