Discuss Tiling - mastic, sealant or caulk in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Reaction score
Total plumbing-tiling novice.

Our bathroom has been tiled. What should we use to seal internal corners and where the tiles meet the ceiling - mastic, sealant or caulk? I'm confused about the difference and have had varying advice.

Once it's sealed, can I cover the edges (ceiling, floor, internal corners) with edging, or is that not a 'done' thing?

Thanks

Reply to Tiling - mastic, sealant or caulk in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Similar threads

Thanks Dave for your help, I had guessed that would be best. I will have to look into how to do it. I wondered...
Replies
Views
I agree with comments. Tiles also look sizey, better used as just a floor tile. Would need a bigger joint to hide...
Replies
Views
Should the tiles be removed from both sides of the crack, or one side is enough (e.g. just below it)? Also, could...
Replies
Views
My mum is having her bathroom fitted and she sent me some photos and my partner pointed out that several things...
Replies
Views
You haven't upset me I'm just fed up with these builders so maybe that's coming across. I appreciate you taking the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, formerly known as TilersForums.co.uk.

Search Forum