Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling in Western Australia in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Does anyone know of a forum like this one that can give advice on tile methods, primer, waterproofing etc.

While this forum is wonderful and I have used it many times, not just to ask questions and gain advice but spent many hours reading other posts to ipskill my knowledge.

Recently moved to Western Australia and the tile game here is a hell of a lot different to back home in England.

Thanks

D

Dumbo

Does anyone know of a forum like this one that can give advice on tile methods, primer, waterproofing etc.

While this forum is wonderful and I have used it many times, not just to ask questions and gain advice but spent many hours reading other posts to ipskill my knowledge.

Recently moved to Western Australia and the tile game here is a hell of a lot different to back home in England.

Thanks
No I don't know but good luck out there.
Sometimes Aussie tilers pop up on tilers talk on face book go on there and keep am eye for them then maybe you could contact them and ask the same question

OP
L

llevram

TF
Reaction score
It’s crazy how different they do things here. For starters, durabase/ditra doesn’t exist. You can get flexbone but no one even knows what it is or what it does. People tile bathrooms in metros with powder https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and start at the bottom as Ardex are the only brand who do tubbed which costs about £60 a tub and is like gold dust. Plus they literally waterproof everything. You also can’t buy plastic trim :openmouth:

B

Bill

@llevram have you created your own wetroom falls yet in sand and cement?

I worked in Oz for a few months when I was nipper out there playing cricket - Wanneroo was my team.

Some of the best screeds I ever saw were in WA... perfect for tile on and no rapid set!

I would go back tomorrow if I wasn't so old.

T

Time's Ran Out

So you can’t get plastic trim and you want tubbed tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/!
Wow they really do things different.
I’d be lost over there - just as well I’am about to retire!

Reaction score
I'm uk based. Tiled for nearly 20 years now and am thinking of moving out to western Australia with the family.

How different is tile over there? What's the process like? What's the prep like? Day to day tile techniques? What's my likeliest tile job gonna look like if I make the move?. I have never tiled commercially or industrial level so it'd be domestic/new build.

Reply to Tiling in Western Australia in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock