Discuss tiling help in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

nb28

-
Reaction score
DIY tiler here

Ive to do my kitchen wall behind the sink and cooker and have a question i could do with answering please

tiles are 200x100mm and are ceramic

firstly the back wall is silk emulsion straight onto the plasterboard. its solid. do i need to strip this paint off completely?

Lazzer

-
Reaction score
DIY tiler here

Ive to do my kitchen wall behind the sink and cooker and have a question i could do with answering please

tiles are 200x100mm and are ceramic

firstly the back wall is silk emulsion straight onto the plasterboard. its solid. do i need to strip this paint off completely?
Hi you could score the wall with a Stanley knife to create a key for the adhesive or prime it with (d15 botament ) these tiles are light and there is no need to remove paint .
Hope this helps

nb28

-
Reaction score
Hi you could score the wall with a Stanley knife to create a key for the adhesive or prime it with (d15 botament ) these tiles are light and there is no need to remove paint .
Hope this helps

excellent.

also where do i start here with the tiles? the middle where the cooker is or at the far side alongside the white finishing is. im running them right along the wall out of site and not worried about that corner as its going to be hidden, its the cuttings on the other corner im concerned about.

103386147_259413278680373_3273342677524034046_n.jpg

Lazzer

-
Reaction score
excellent.

also where do i start here with the tiles? the middle where the cooker is or at the far side alongside the white finishing is. im running them right along the wall out of site and not worried about that corner as its going to be hidden, its the cuttings on the other corner im concerned about.

View attachment 112681
Over the hob is your starting point ,draw a centreline between the units over the hob down to countertop so your cuts are the same either side .if your pattern is brick just start off centre line and work both ways but if it is a stacked pattern (one over the other )start with either edge of full tile or center of full tile off of centre line and work our which option looks best ,you can lay them dry on the countertop.

Reply to tiling help in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks