Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling from floor to line up with worksurface in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, I'm new to this forum. My business is a handyman. Often this includes small tile jobs usually kitchen splash backs.

My approach is to start with a full tile above the worktop surface. However tomorrow I have a job which is several splash backs one of which expands onto a floor to ceiling section.

I'm not sure how to tile down from the worktop edge to the floor thus keeping the tiles on the wall next to the worktop in line with those above the worktop. The tiles are quite small.

If it was for myself I would attach a baton to the wall in line with the worktop surface. Tile upwards, let the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ cure sufficiently to hold the tiles, remove the baton and tile downwards.

A professional opinion would be appreciated.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi john.
what size tiles are you using. ?
Hi Dave, it's about 3 months since I did the quote. I remember the tiles were quite small approx 7.5 cm x 12.5 cm as an estimate. I didn't measure them. Also they have a varied profile not square edges.
Thanks for your help.

Reply to Tiling from floor to line up with worksurface in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock