Discuss Tiling from concrete to boards - parquet tiles! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys,

First time posting on a forum but cant seem to find any advice that is matching my particular issue!

After knocking through our kitchen, I now have a concrete based offshot floor adjoining wooden floorboards in (what was) the old dining room... Floorboards have been repaired/fixed down and I have gone with 6mm BAL boards over the floorboards...

I've used self levelling compound to level the concrete level with these boards but am not sure how best to 'bridge the gap' between the two different surfaces.. I havent butted the concrete right up to the boards currently - there is approx a 10mm gap.

I've seen expansion joints being recommended, but these dont seem suitable as we are also having parquet style tiles throughout - and I'm wanting to avoid any obvious seams or breaks in this pattern...

What's my best approach here? Ditra-style membrane across the joint?

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the tiles in question are relatively small - they are the dimensions of a typical red brick...
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Reply to Tiling from concrete to boards - parquet tiles! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks