Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss ...Tiling efficiency in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

Flintstone

Please checkout the following advertisement.
How efficiently do you think you work ? Do you think there's room for improvement? What things have you picked up allong the way that save that extra bending down, that extra few mins here and there? Kneeling down and realising you left your tape measure and pencil at the other side of the room. I think streamlining your work practices can have a big impact on what you achieve in a day and also how you feel at the end of the day! I was reading an article that was suggesting improving efficiency is actually more productive than working say an extra couple of hours at the end of the day when your tired.

OP
B

Bill

I hate wasted time - a pet hate of mine.

I bet I have loads of time failures though.

OP
B

Bill

Being a short arse, it is always time heavy when doing bathrooms where I can't get a decent sized platform in the room....... some old house with 9 & 10 ft ceilings are a killer for me.

OP
D

Dumbo

Efficiency in tile is very important as it is very repetitive . If you ever do site work it's funny to see that the guys that do more than the next guy don't seem to be moving any faster and take just as many cigarette breaks .

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I must have lost half hour today looking for my pen or tape. :(

Last edited:
OP
W

WetSaw

I'm horrifically inefficient. In my defence though, most of my jobs never end up what they started off as.

OP
S

Spare Tool

Not usually a problem as mostly work dayrate so no rushing about, however starting an 80 bathroom hotel and kitchens with @widler next week on price work so we need to be efficient...full tile off floor, spacer and wedge pocket, pencil pocket, side stops set on cutter, labourer stacking tiles behind us and mixing and get em banged on.. Bathroom a day @widler ;)

OP
O

One Day

I have you down as mr efficient @impish ?

I try. I've worked with dave stott (elite tile) ex military and he's the very definition of efficiency. I've learnt a lot about being organised just by working alongside him.
Some jobs it's great to be super organised and get done and away. Other jobs though I quite like getting a bit lost and lazy.

OP
G

GoneGuy

I try spend a few minutes stacking out tiles, and making sure I can set up mixer and cutter etc as close to the work area as possible

Filip

TF
Reaction score
The biggest one for me - when doing any building work is that I am never near a pencil. I did try buying loads and sprinkling them around the working area but somehow they all end up in the same place - which is NOT where I am.
I now use one of those retractable key/ski pass things and attach my pencil to that and then that clips to me. Its brilliant that when you have finished using the pencil you just let go of it and it retracts back to you.
I also do the same for a small 2m tape measure.

Reply to ...Tiling efficiency in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock