Discuss Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chelly

TF
Reaction score
Depending on how the room sets out determins whether you have full tiles on the bath or not. You usually dont because baths are rarely set level lol. Nobody bothered setting out that room and theyve been found out. Theyre talking bollards
Yes they have! Just need to get them (wickes) to listen now :)

B

Bill

Am I the only one who thinks the ceiling should be level? Why spend all that money and have a poor finish?

Chelly

TF
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the ceiling should be level? Why spend all that money and have a poor finish?
I did have the ceiling walls skimmed and wasn’t aware that it wasn’t level until that was another excuse given by the installer. I did ask why he didn’t tell me at time of skimming he said he didn’t know. If I had known I would have rectified that. Ignorance on my part.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
There is possibly a chance they measured up on the shower wall only and deemed the 20mm or so cut acceptable but had no idea the ceiling was so out until it was too late when it got to another wall. not saying it's acceptable just an idea as to how it happened to them

As suggested you could get a coving up or possibly a big white silicone line to at least cover that cut that is purely grout as it could take your eye away from that and make it look more like just a grout line

O

Old Mod

Regardless of the fact that the ceiling may be out of level, if you tried that set out on site, you’d be lucky not to be swinging from the scaffold, but I suppose more likely sent off site never to return or be paid.
Good practice is to have at least one third of a tile as a cut, some QS want larger, but a third is generally acceptable.
Last time I was on site anyway. :)

And as far as a full tile off the bath goes, if we did that, 90% of our work would be out of level.

Reply to Tiling Standards (BS 5385) | British Wall and Floor Tiling Standards - IN FULL in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks