Discuss Tiling Dipped Wooden Suspended Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

mark70D

Hi,

I am looking to tile my fathers new kitchen. The kitchen is situated on the first floor of a detached 1900's property (split into 2 flats), with a suspended, original timber boarded floor (which we have screwed down). The area is approxrimately 4m x 2m. I am hoping to lay 330 x 330 mm x 10mm thick, ceramic floor tiles.

The floor currently has a dip of 11 mm at it's deepest point, along a length of aproximately 1.5m (opposite a fireplace flagstone that has been removed and screeded), near to the sink.

My plan was to fix 6mm Knauf Aquapanels cement board according to manufacturers instructions (flexible adhesive and screwed) and then use a self levelling compound (SLC) on top of the cement boards to remove the dip and level the floor. Finally to use a flexible adhesive to fix the ceramic tiles to the SLC. Is this correct? All advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IMG_20160514_095206.jpg IMG_20160514_095228.jpg IMG_20160517_170427.jpg IMG_20160517_170322.jpg

L

LM

Hi,

I am looking to tile my fathers new kitchen. The kitchen is situated on the first floor of a detached 1900's property (split into 2 flats), with a suspended, original timber boarded floor (which we have screwed down). The area is approxrimately 4m x 2m. I am hoping to lay 330 x 330 mm x 10mm thick, ceramic floor tiles.

The floor currently has a dip of 11 mm at it's deepest point, along a length of aproximately 1.5m (opposite a fireplace flagstone that has been removed and screeded), near to the sink.

My plan was to fix 6mm Knauf Aquapanels cement board according to manufacturers instructions (flexible adhesive and screwed) and then use a self levelling compound (SLC) on top of the cement boards to remove the dip and level the floor. Finally to use a flexible adhesive to fix the ceramic tiles to the SLC. Is this correct? All advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 81703 View attachment 81704 View attachment 81705 View attachment 81706
Just to 'belt and brace it', use flexible levelling compound as well

M

mark70D

Hi,

Forgot to ask, what size notched trowel would I need? Tiles are ceramic 330 x330 x 9mm thick. .

M

mark70D

Thanks for all the info guys.

Final question. What size spacing for the grout lines, would be needed?

Reply to Tiling Dipped Wooden Suspended Floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks