Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling decking area in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all.

I have some decking in my back garden which I want to remove the boards of and replace with tile. My plan is to leave the decking supports in a board it out with either ply or some alternative and then tile over the top. (Tiles not slabs).

Can anyone offer me any advice as to if this is okay to do or if there is any better alternatives. I ideally wanted to keep the decking supports frame there as it raises it by five or 6 inches which is what I need.

I am looking to do it not necessarily as cheap as possible, but certainly not the most expensive route out there And I don't exactly need it to last forever.

Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you

F427D4F3-D0C6-4C1F-97A1-571458E09E9D.jpeg

E

Edd The Tiler

Hi, did you ever tackle this job? If not and are still considering it, I would use hardiebacker board rather than ply. I would also lift your existing boards and install some extra noggins if necessary, then put the boards down and then hardiebacker over the top.

Hardiebacker do support external application but with a limited warranty. You can download their installation guide online

Cheers

Edd

OP
S
Reaction score
Hi, did you ever tackle this job? If not and are still considering it, I would use hardiebacker board rather than ply. I would also lift your existing boards and install some extra noggins if necessary, then put the boards down and then hardiebacker over the top.

Hardiebacker do support external application but with a limited warranty. You can download their installation guide online

Cheers

Edd
Hi. Yes I bought the boards, fitted extra noggins and then stepped straight thoigh one. I was told in the shop that they would be ample ok their own and NOT as an overboard. Needless to say I took them back, ripped the decking up and had a tonne of type 1 delivered and did the job properly instead lol.

Reply to Tiling decking area in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock