Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling course recommendation sought in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

J

Julian Moore

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good morning.
Can you please help me
I have been considering doing a tile course for some while now but scouring the internet I have no idea of who is good or bad.
I am looking for a course that covers everything in order for me to change career and set up my own business so probably a 1 month course +. I want to have practical hands on training and not just the theory in order that I can have the confidence and knowledge to go into someone's house to do the job.
I live in Northamptonshire but willing to travel.
If anyone could please recommend any courses it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

OP
G

GoneGuy

Try the sponsor ukprotiling click on the banner.
They have hands on training course as well as how to set your business up

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Julian
You don't have to look far on the internet to see the mountains of positive reviews we get at UK Pro tile Training.
If your looking for a career change then there you won't go wrong with our training, we have 30 pages of reviews on this tilers forums and over 300 on our website www.tiling-courses.co.uk
Just take a look
Darren from UK Pro tile Training

OP
S

Stu M

Sorry to jump this post. I'm in the same situation. I'm hearing a lot of training providers sat that earnings can be ÂŁ800-1K per week (which they would) but I've got friends who own general building companies saying that tilers/decorators/brickies are earning around ÂŁ120 per day.

Once you are generally competent with a few years under your belt, is this the general figure? I'd rather ask those who are actually self employed and charging for their services in the real world as opposed to friends and training providers. Cheers

OP
J

Julian Moore

Thank you for your replies.
I' sure that the ÂŁ800-1000 figure is realistic during busy periods.
I currently clear around ÂŁ550 in my present job doing approx 50 hours and unsociable hours so even to match my salary would be a bonus with better working hours.
I am guessing about 5k would be needed to get started with training costs, tools and van?
If needed I can do agency work a couple of days to subsidise irregular work to begin with hoping that once I'm established it won' be necessary.
Many thanks

OP
S

Spare Tool

To take home your current wage you'll have to earn 30% more than that to cover deductions, we have to pay taxes and NI too, its a great trade to be in BUT, don't forget all the running round, fuel costs, and quoting in the evenings, no holiday pay, jobs being put back at last minute, tiles not turning up, not to mention BCT!!...not trying to put you off just so you know its no bed of roses :)

OP
O

Old Mod

As Andy has stated prices are not allowed in open forums, there are many reasons for this, regional differences, misinterpreted posts by visitors to the forum, to name but two.
As these figures have been posted by new members and not established ones who know better, on this occasion I’ll let them go.
Purely because they’re unrealistic in all honesty, no one month course is going to enable you to earn upwards of £40k a year from the onset, it’s not going to happen.
That’s not to say courses are not a good place to start, they are, definitely, but you also need to keep training well beyond completion of one.

It’s only my opinion of course, but you should be realistic.

OP
S

Stu M

I run my own cleaning company so am very vary of expenditure and the nitty gritty odd and sod running around you get with self employment. It's like with anything you get out what you put in but am just trying to research the demand and potential earnings. I don't expect anyone to divulge their earnings but I guess I am just wondering if there is a trade to learn, then is tile it? :)

Reply to Tiling course recommendation sought in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock