Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Bathroom Layout Problem in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What would you guys do? I need to tile around a bath and I know a full height tile is the right thing to do, but this would leave me with a small pieces of tile along the floor. Should I drop the tile as in the photo to avoid having to cut small pieces? Tiles are ceramic 498mm x 298mm with 2mm spacers. Will be using a running bond layout with tiles start/end to the center.

Jimmy

20150928_190832.jpg

OP
O

Old Mod

Why is a full height tile around a bath the right thing to do?

You do what you have to, to give the best overall result,
No matter what that may be.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Reaction score
How small is the cut to the floor?
If your ceiling height is a standard 8' then a full height off the bath will leave approximately a 4" cut to ceiling. Dropping would increase this and providing it works for window and doortop it's what I would do.

OP
H

HardTarget

I will drop the tile down and cut around the top of the bath. Like Ali said it would give me a better size tile along the ceiling. Thanks for the advice guys.

OP
D

Dalef

Agree with all the above. Turning them portrait aswell looks like it will give a better finish with your grout lines around your mixer (although I have been awake for 16 hours) my eyes are blurry lol.

OP
S

StevieBoy

You could start with a full tile off the floor, providing you are tile the floor also and of course if it works for the window cill and top cuts.

Reply to Tiling Bathroom Layout Problem in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock