uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Tiling around a woodburner on a narrowboat in the UK Tiling Forum | Pro Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)
G

Guest Bryan

Hi All
I am planning to tile onto cement board, which I have screwed (with a 10mm air gap) to a blockboard bulkhead on our narrowboat. There are extremes of heat and cold and some vibration. Can anyone recommend an adhesive and grout?
Thanks a lot.

TileFix Direct

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,836 31
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
You want to use a standard cement based adhesive with an additive to make it flexible. That should also help with the extreme differences heat-wise.

Wait for the lads to recommend which one and whatnot though I'd hate to get that wrong.

timeless john

Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
16,212 153 1
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Ardurit X7 with Ardion 90 admix then Ardurit C2 grey grout with bit Ardion 90.

Avril

-
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Vitcas make a special flexible adhesive and grout especially for this.. not cheap but made for the job.... The boat safety regulations actually say that you need to use vermiculite board instead of cement board...I got overexcited that I knew the answer to something and didn't actually look at the date oopse :D

demi34

TF
Arms
Reactions
144 2
Bal Single part fastflex ruber adhesive sticks anyw you want.

Reply to Tiling around a woodburner on a narrowboat in the UK Tiling Forum | Pro Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.