Discuss Tiling around a woodburner on a narrowboat in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Guest Bryan

Hi All
I am planning to tile onto cement board, which I have screwed (with a 10mm air gap) to a blockboard bulkhead on our narrowboat. There are extremes of heat and cold and some vibration. Can anyone recommend an adhesive and grout?
Thanks a lot.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
You want to use a standard cement based adhesive with an additive to make it flexible. That should also help with the extreme differences heat-wise.

Wait for the lads to recommend which one and whatnot though I'd hate to get that wrong.

T

Time's Ran Out

Ardurit X7 with Ardion 90 admix then Ardurit C2 grey grout with bit Ardion 90.

Avril

-
Reaction score
Vitcas make a special flexible adhesive and grout especially for this.. not cheap but made for the job.... The boat safety regulations actually say that you need to use vermiculite board instead of cement board...I got overexcited that I knew the answer to something and didn't actually look at the date oopse :D

Reply to Tiling around a woodburner on a narrowboat in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks