Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling and insulating concrete floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

StnHse

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello. I am refurbishing my ground floor bathroom which has a solid concrete floor to which I want to add insulation and tile. Please can you tell me the most widely accepted process for this. I have read and considered numerous options - rigid insulation, dpm, chipboard, tile vs insulated cement/tile board vs rigid insulation tile board tile vs insulation, SLC, tile and I am a bit confused about which is best. I want to apply on top of the concrete not dig it up, and I have about 65mm to play with height-wise from the hallway from which there is access before I would need a step up. Thanks in advance.

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If you want to insulate and tile the floor at the same time I would recommend our Orby insulated Tile Backer board. The 50mm board will provide a high level of insulation and an excellent surface to tile. The finished floor level for a 10mm thick tile will be 63-65mm if the board is mechanically fixed with Orbry spankers.

Reply to Tiling and insulating concrete floor in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock