Discuss Tiling and debonding on anhydrate screed in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Mark

TF
Reaction score
Hello I have a gupsum based anhydrate screed it’s been laid for 7 months and The latienced removed. It has wet UFH already commissioned a few months ago. First question Do I have to install a debonding mat?

Secondly. I will use the anhyfix adhesive but will need to do a wet room is there a suitable anhyfix adhesive for this area?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This is well out of my league.

Have you done a moisture test? I know it's important with new screeds.

D

Dumbo

Yes it’s very dry thanks for asking it’s showing at 7%
If that 7% by volume u think that's to high .
It should I believe from memory be 2% by volume , .
Although anhyfix may allow you to fix a bit better , check with the tech of adhesive manufacturer ,
I would use a movement membrane or antifracture mat .
In the wet room if you used a antifracture or movement membrane that is water proof you could fix this with anhyfix and the fix tiles with cement based over the top of membrane , in fact you could use that approach over the whole floor but without the need for water proofing in the dry areas .

Mark

TF
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I will use a anti cracking membrane and the adhesive as you suggest.

I am laying Brazilian slate on this what adhesive would you recommend?

Cheers

D

Dumbo

Ok thanks. I will use a anti cracking membrane and the adhesive as you suggest.

I am laying Brazilian slate on this what adhesive would you recommend?

Cheers
Grey c2te s1 classification . In this heat.
Personally isomat ak20 .
Great bucket life I. This heat .
Check about the moisture levels with adhesive manufacturer.

F

Flintstone

Your fitting Brazilian slate you deffinately need an uncoupling membrane. Easiest solution here is to use ditra, or durabase throughout the whole area paying attention to seal the joints within the wet room. make that room water tight. Any photos of the floor as it is now? you say it's been sanded but from my experience it's usually not been done enough by the screed company. Also you need to do a propper moisture test with a hygrometer and get the RH reading. How many M2 is the area ?

The anhyfix is great for fitting the mat, then use a cement based adhesive on top.

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
An alternative is to use BAL Flexbone2Easy as a loose lay de-coupling layer. However, it cannot be used to create a waterproofing layer.

J

Just Rizzle

ive nearly 40 yrs in this business so im my experience i will only use bal flexi bone easy matting on any anhydrite floors i will be doing in the future as they are so easy to use and they are practically fool proof.
i am starting my third project with this method on monday. im NOT sanding the floor im NOT sticking the mat down with any adhesive of any sort.
im simply laying down the flex bone and then tiling with 900 x 600 20mm limestone
the other project was200 mtrs of similar limestone the second was a 400 x 80 x 15 mm limestone multi tile layed in herring bone.
just posted photos on instergram #bedaleflooring

Reply to Tiling and debonding on anhydrate screed in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks