Discuss Tiling a vinyl wetroom - Help needed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

tzan9

-
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is my first post on this site - I hope everyone is well.

I am an avid DIY'er and have previous tiling experience fitting subway tiles in my kitchen.

I mustered up the courage to attempt to tile my bathroom, which currently has a vinyl floor wetroom. I'm pretty sure it's the "altro" type (will post pictures when I get home for the weekend). The walls around the shower area are tiled - I want to remove and re tile this.

I want to tile the entire bathroom - included the floor; effectivley making the vinyl wetroom into a tiled one.

I have a few questions on what needs to be done.

1) Can I just lay tile on top of the vinyl?

2) If not, and the vinyl is to be removed, do I need to tank the floor after removal? I'm assuming this has already been done to accomodate the vinyl.

3) How do I go about replacing the Circular drain with a square one like the one below?

4) Will there already be a "wetroom former" in place when I remove the vinyl? If so, I'm assuming I can tile over this?

5) My house has underfloor heating - but I'm not sure if this extends into this bathroom. If it does, how does this complicate things?

That's all my questions for now - please advise!

Thanks guys

Reply to Tiling a vinyl wetroom - Help needed in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks