Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling a shower former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

First post on the forum although I’ve been reading a fair few posts for a while.

I have a three shower areas to tile two of which have offset square drains and as such I need to make some tidy diagonal cuts.

Tiles are 450x450 but using a wet wheel seem prone to chipping. I’ve tried taping, going slower, turning over etc but nowhere near the finish I require. I’ve tried a number of cheap (£100 ish) wet table saws but with a good marcrist blade all with the same result.
Cordless angle grinder with a viper blade is a very nice cut but can’t cut straight enough to stop the back edge of the wheel chipping occasionally.
I’ve also tried a dry score (rubi ts) which achieved a good finish but obviously won’t create a gap between the two halves of the tile for a grout line. Should I be buying a bridge saw?
I’m happy to spend a bit of money on good tools but don’t want to buy something that won’t do the job.
Thanks

O

One Day

The cleanest way I've found yet is to score a line using a Montolit STL blade in a grinder.
Clamp a straight edge and lightly use as a guide.
You will get zero chips using this blade and a few light passes rather than one deep pass.
Aim to cut down about 1mm, then switch to a normal blade (I like Marcrist akkumax ck850) to complete the cut.

Reply to Tiling a shower former in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock