Discuss Tiling a Floating Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Pete Lancs

We have a concrete beam and block floor with a floating floor, (looked like polestyrene and chipboard), what is the best method required to tile this type of floor?
I have been told this type of floor is unsuitable for tiling but hope this is not the case!!

M

Matty A

Hi Pete
Im very new to tiling and was told to always use an exterior grade ply wood of 6mm minimum screwed at 8in centres,(I use 9mm though) but i believe if your floor is water resistant chipboard and you screw it down securly then according to BAL's fixing guide you can tile over it using BAL Fast flex adh' and Wide joint grout with admix gt1.
It also says that the boards should be T&G, glued and well bonded.
I hope this helps and sure someone will either agree or disagree with what i have put. Sorry if it is a load of bo*****s. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping this tiling a floating floor thread from 2006. :)

That was a while ago eh?!
[automerge]1568220707[/automerge]
We have a concrete beam and block floor with a floating floor, (looked like polestyrene and chipboard), what is the best method required to tile this type of floor? I have been told this type of floor is unsuitable for tiling but hope this is not the case!!
Source URL: Tiling a Floating Floor - https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/tiling-a-floating-floor.134/

Testing something.

Last edited:

Reply to Tiling a Floating Floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks