Discuss Tiles won’t adhere in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully you can answer this question, as I am completely stumped. I built a outdoor pool bath (fully enclosed structure) and applied the backer board, red guard and prepared the area accordingly. After completing the wall tiles using the versa bond for large format tiles (8x15) I noticed three tiles that were loose in one corner. I removed the tiles thinking that maybe the thinset had skimmed over when I first applied, but it looked good and I had also buttered the tiles before placing them on the wall. So I went ahead and mixed up a new batch of thinset and reapplied 3 new tiles, next day they were solid. About 3 days later when I was preparing to grout, the same 3 tiles were loose again. All other tiles in the entire bath are solid with no issues whatsoever. Any ideas why these three tiles continue to lose adhesion? I did scrape all old thinset off before replacing the tiles. I’m stumped on this. Thanks for any advice.

Reply to Tiles won’t adhere in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks