Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiles Turning Grey in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I recently had some large white tiles installed. I've noticed three near the bath have turned grey. It looks like the sealant wasn't done very well.
Fortunately, I have a few spares.
Presumably water has soaked the tiles and has nowhere else to go (except sideways, it seems). I obviously need to replace them but this is where water hits during a shower. I'm concerned at this time of year the wall won't be dry and the new ones will get discoloured, too.

Has this happened to you and what would you recommend?

Thanks.
[automerge]1581249627[/automerge]

Attachments

• IMG_20200209_115547.jpg
    IMG_20200209_115547.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
J

J Sid

Yes it's probably water getting in. Depending on how long it's been doing it depends on what can be done.
You need to stop using it and let it dry out completely and may be lucky with just resealing it

OP
C
Reaction score
If the tiles are wetting , then so could the substrate.
Were the walls tanked ?

I'll have to find out. The tiler was highly recommended. I think it's the failed sealant that's caused the issue.
Is it useful to tank behind those tiles before I replace them?

Reply to Tiles Turning Grey in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock