Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiles not a true 601x601 in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Would I not need to make sure that the longest edge always hit another longest edge? Otherwise where 4 tiles meet it have an extra mm each side creeping into things.
If all the tiles faced the same way, then surely only one direction has the issue? And if they all match then the only problem is a wider grout joint in one direction?

What does it look like so far?

Any chance of a chrimbo pic or two?

OP
J
Reaction score
If all the tiles faced the same way, then surely only one direction has the issue? And if they all match then the only problem is a wider grout joint in one direction?

What does it look like so far?

Any chance of a chrimbo pic or two?
I did a couple of tests there setting 4 tiles on a 2by2 square. First I tried them all the same direction and there was an overlapping couple mm at the outside joints, when I tried the other test with the tiles 603 edge together the tiles flush up perfectly on the outside and internal joins. So think best way to go is with the longest edges butted to eachother. So to sort my issue il just find the longest edge on the ones that are laid and work from there. Hopefully not too many have to come up 🙉🙈 I'll post a few completed pics this week all being well.

OP
J
Reaction score
Its been a while, I was posting a different question and remembered about the pics was asked for. To cut a long story short, the method of putting the longest edge together worked a treat and the final result after the grout is spot on IMO :) enjoyed my first tile job and now onto hallway and bathrooms! Thanks for all the help guys!
1611251801129.png

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Its been a while, I was posting a different question and remembered about the pics was asked for. To cut a long story short, the method of putting the longest edge together worked a treat and the final result after the grout is spot on IMO :) enjoyed my first tile job and now onto hallway and bathrooms! Thanks for all the help guys! View attachment 113932
Good result, thanks for sharing

Rae

-
Reaction score
It happens a lot ,sizy tiles ,see if tbey have arrows on the bottom ,some h@ve to be layed in on3 direction otherwise brick
Effect

OP
J
Reaction score
It happens a lot ,sizy tiles ,see if tbey have arrows on the bottom ,some h@ve to be layed in on3 direction otherwise brick
Effect
Yeah this was my first go at tile so it was bit of a melt but when i realised they were consistently +2mm on one edge i thought butting them together and then doing the mirror image on the next row etc etc would get me sorted, as it turns out it worked a treat and everything fell where i had planned over the 70sqm job.. This forum helped a lot! Just being able to bounce questions to folks in the trade that know exactly the issues that always come up just like you said above so a big shout out to all you guys!

Reply to Tiles not a true 601x601 in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock