Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiles cracking On conservatory floor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Jimcub

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
i have a conservatory floor which is 33 sq mts in a L shape
It had a level screed over the pipes and was. very flat as laid with a laser, backed up by tiler who said it was within 1mm all over.

I used a proffesional tiler and was laid with mapei? Both tile and grout cement.
The floor was laid in 2017 and after a year the tiles started cracking by both doors, a double set each end.
Then last end of 2018 we got a couple of cracks in the middle across about 4 tiles.
There’s no difference in height or it’s less than 1mm, it’s like the surface has cracked so I don’t know if it’s expansion or heave.

OP
J

Jimcub

TF
Reaction score
Every thing was done by the book reguarding commissioning and materials, I kept the stated pressure during screening as I had my own pressure tester.
It is on constant during the winter at 21 dog and turned off in the summer, the conservatory gets sun morning and noon and in between it gets some sun

OP
J

Jimcub

TF
Reaction score
The cracks by the door were after 12 months the other 2 nearer the middle appeared after last summer.
It’s been down 3 years

OP
J

Jimcub

TF
Reaction score
FC162B20-53DB-4629-BBC1-69E6F8BBA41D.jpeg
BC6D114C-7C0C-43A9-9F77-A00DA30B90DF.jpeg
7538C94A-76C2-46F7-9530-91EC46F6877F.jpeg

Floor is 4” polystyreneslabs pipes laid on top, screed I can’t remember but was the standard required for that type of floor. 07DD712C-86B6-49A5-B62A-622B93423A1B.jpeg

Reply to Tiles cracking On conservatory floor in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock