Discuss TilersForums Logo Competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Okay,

For some time now we've never really had a logo that's recognised as 'us'. And I want one, Dave wants one, and the mods want one.

The problem is I'm graphically challenged (for want of a better description) which might be shocking to some of you but I am.

Dave mentioned the JB Forum has been running a competition for some time and that he thinks it's a good idea to let the members contribute to the brand they know. And I think it's a cracking idea.

So..... for the next few months we'll give you lot the chance to make a logo that we'll use for the forum, forever! It'll be the logo and brand that we push in the tile mags, at the tile shows, and I'll get the sponsors that wear the logo on their website to change it to the new one too.

There's a bit of criteria that's pretty much a must. It has to say tilersforums.com in it, and the font has to be the same as or similar to the existing font (so very easily readable, and with the .co.uk on the end - though that can be smaller than the rest of the text).

It needs to have a transparent background, so it'll work on this Tile Giant green design, but it'll also look good on Polo T-shirts and stickers for vans etc, as we'll be getting some knocked up thanks to FaceMediaGroup.co.uk. :)

Some logo's I like for forums include the logo's on the forums owned by The Building Network - Construction and Remodeling Network (they're a bit like us, but for the US, and much more established) as all of their logo's have clearly had some thought put into them and I think they're really smart.

Though, get your thinking caps on, and eat your heart out.

I know this is a tile forum, but out of nearly 12,000 members, I'm guessing there will be at least a dozen who have always though 'I'd knock the socks of their logo' so I want you to knock the socks off our "logo" (which isn't really a logo is it?!).

The prize. As always Kudos is the prize. Though I'm sure I'll be able to get you some bits and bobs from a couple of our sponsors, and if I can't, I'll see you right personally.

Please attach your logo's to your reply post, or email them to me (info "AT" tilersforums.com) or Dave (dave "AT" tilersforums.com).

Thank you kindly for reading. And please do give your comments on the logo's if you can't knock something up yourself. :)

Thanks again all. And Thanks to Dave for suggesting it, brilliant idea.

O

Olz

I was always hopeless at art, and even worse on the computer drawing programs, im sure the standard will be high though from TF members, looking forward to seeing the ideas.

H

hillhead

Might look into this myself,not a computer pro but i have ways around that.
Can't wait to see what comes in too.

B

brian c

good luck but dont wait for my entryas i am hopeless with computers and dont know where to start.

Reply to TilersForums Logo Competition in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks