Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss TilersForums.co.uk Now Using HTTPS in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I just have a few more tweaks to do, but we're now running on HTTPS instead of HTTP. Which is more secure and prevents the likes of 'man in the middle' attacks when you're out and about browsing our forums.

Note that we also allow two-step verification for logging in too. So that you get notified if somebody else tries to login as you.

And we Google Web Services for our own in-house emails, rather than our own mail server. And we us Amazon Web Services for the forum auto-emails, rather than our own mail server. So that nobody can gain access via those either.

We use CloudFlare Web Protection services to route all traffic via to get checked before loading the website, which keeps the baddies away.

So all that combined makes us genuinely one of the most secure websites online. We pass with flying colours all tests I can find. :)

D

Dumbo

Thanks for that Dan I appreciate your efforts but I will be honest it's all Greek to me but thanks for doing your best to keep us safe .

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Basically, you don't need to worry when browsing our sites lol

The main thing is you all keep your devices up to date. Especially web browsers on computers and Android phones.

And disable or uninstall any plugins you don't use much or haven't used for ages.

There's no way to guarantee anything because of security issues called 'Zero-day vulnerabilities'. They're usually browser related issues that companies haven't yet secured. And often, didn't even know the security issue existed as nobody shared the intel with the makers.

But short of those, which nobody but the makers can fix, we're secure.

Reply to TilersForums.co.uk Now Using HTTPS in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock