Discuss Tilers Workwear - Trousers, Polo Shirts, That kinda jazz - What are you paying for them? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than normal. Don't like the ones that ride up when you're bending over tiling etc.

It'll have the forum name on the sleeve, but your own logo on the breast-pocket area (there's no pocket, you know that bit though) in small - that's the least, but then also in large on the back for a separate price.

So wondering what you guys are paying for branding Polo Shirts with that kinda stuff.

It's embroidered front and back. Non of this crappy print stuff that cracks and breaks after a couple of washes.

Then I thought hmmmm, maybe some trousers too with pockets for knee-pads, and ones without.

So what makes are you using? And what prices are you getting those for? (No branding on those with ours).

And then hoodie with no zip, and a hoodie with a zip. Those with have the forum logo on the sleeve in small, and then your own logo on the breast area, and if you want, big on the back too.

So for those that do this, what price are:-
  • Your Polo Shirts, Unbranded, and branded
  • Your Hoodies, branded, and unbranded
  • And what trousers are you using? - And what price are those?
The idea here is to see if we can beat your prices, and then because they have the forum logo on, they're kinda pushing the forum too, so we can discount them on top of already beating them.

We're having some made anyway with just our logo on the front and back. So that we can give some away in competitions etc. So we thought we'd try see if we can get some more, and make them work out cheaper if we buy bulk across the whole network.

S

Spare Tool

Sports direct £25 Dunlop work pants with knee inserts and plenty of pockets, t-shirts sports direct again 3 slazenger t-shirts for £12 and slazenger hoodies are 2 for £14 last time I went I think..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I got some dunlops from there the other day for going this construction week thing. Don't want to look like a salesman so trying to fit in with the tradesmen lol

Obviously all those without logos on them etc. Do you not have your company name on your shirts at the very least mate?
[automerge]1569689114[/automerge]

They've got these £6 - There are really thin ones. I'm trying to find some thicker ones for winter. Not just something you stick on to answer the door in lol
[automerge]1569689199[/automerge]
Think this one is getting better: Lee Cooper | Lee Cooper Full Zip Hoody | Men's Casual Loungewear | SportsDirect.com - https://www.sportsdirect.com/lee-cooper-full-zip-hoody-mens-539021#colcode=53902102

Good price for them!
[automerge]1569689453[/automerge]

All 100% polyester by the looks of it. Some very good prices. But they're like Primark quality when it comes to them being washed.

Was looking for 50/50 with cotton.

These things wash about 5 times and then that's it for them.

I want the forum logos on them, so I don't want them washing horrible after half a dozen washes. We want them last. And be harder wearing for work now it's coming up to the colder months. Need some substance to them.

Last edited:
S

Spare Tool

I don't have printed t-shirts no mate, never have done, see a lot of tradesmen that do but it's not affected my business 😂

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Screwfix for work trousers/shorts usually £20 a pop, primark for plain tee shirts at around £2 each and free hoodys from trade events.

I would get some branded clothing but the tee shirts wouldn't last too long as i'm a messy bugger, more for doing quotes or hoodys/fleece that would be coming off

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't have printed t-shirts no mate, never have done, see a lot of tradesmen that do but it's not affected my business 😂
I wouldn't do print. They're embroidered or not at all. Need a good quality hoodie with embroidery. Long lasting and even if a bit messy, still wash well, and it's a work top it's never going be spotless. IMO.

Looking at prices knocking around. I think this idea might be short lived. Might just have to get some Polo Shirts with the forum name on and then stick with that, and give them away at comps etc.
[automerge]1569690765[/automerge]
Just looking here, a good quality zipped hoodie with pockets is coming out at around £60 with your large logo embroidered on the back, and embroidered small logo on front breast area.

But can do a pull-over hoodie for around £35 with the same setup. That'd perhaps be worth it? Can get a zipped version of that for around £38ish.

S

Spare Tool

I'm probably not the best one to ask as don't like polo collars, my mate Craig's wife owns a workware outlet that do logos and I've not even had them off him, he got me a printed hard hat and luminous vest though for a site we've just done..

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Snickers trousers, Snickers polo’s.

You get what you pay for. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems snickers and dickies are the future. :)

We might be able to get some of those. It's all about the bulk buying so this isn't something I'm going to jump into. Gonna get some shirts for the forum in general though.

O

Old Mod

I’m not a fan of polo’s either, prefer good quality T’s
Trousers with knee pockets big enough to take Fenton 200’s trousers with combat style side pockets, can’t stand trousers with those bloody stupid hanging pockets from the waistband.
And heavy good quality zipped hoodies.
Or even furry lined type almost jacket style.
Warm in winter to get to work in.
Take it off after 10 mins anyway. 😁
Thank you. 👍

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Adhesive will stick to snickers just as easy as my cheap Screwfix ones 😉. Saying that I did branch out for dewalt shorts 😂

I've preferred wearing shorts since I got the Fento's, I really have no idea why I left it so long to get them but we will see what winter has to say about that

S

Spare Tool

I’m not a fan of polo’s either, prefer good quality T’s
Trousers with knee pockets big enough to take Fenton 200’s trousers with combat style side pockets, can’t stand trousers with those bloody stupid hanging pockets from the waistband.
And heavy good quality zipped hoodies.
Or even furry lined type almost jacket style.
Warm in winter to get to work in.
Take it off after 10 mins anyway. 😁
Thank you. 👍
I used to think the same about the hanging pockets but really like em now, can get a good few pencils, Sharpies, spacers and wedges in them..

Reply to Tilers Workwear - Trousers, Polo Shirts, That kinda jazz - What are you paying for them? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks