Discuss Tilers Forums - 10 years for timeless John !! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Time's Ran Out

No that’s not a custodial sentence, just my 10th anniversary of being on this great forum!
21st February 2009 I found out how to browse the internet and tilersforums.com came up one lovely Saturday morning.
My wife has the date in her deep subconscious because that was the day I was lost in the world of www.
15000+ posts - 3 per day for 10 years
and I’am still trying to find my way out.
To any new member this place is an encyclopaedia of information, just ask and you will learn. But remember, members are from all backgrounds giving free information in a way that may resemble a site canteen and not University Challenge! Very occasionally are replies personal and most advice is gained from years of experience so take the best bits and ignore the other.
@Dan asked once ‘what do you get from tilers forums.co.uk’ and the answer I put in my introduction was ‘ you only get out what you put in’!
I’ve been able to share my projects with my peers (and fellow plebs) and to an audience of potential clients who have been directed to the top forum on the www.
I’ve made contacts throughout this country and abroad, been provided with work by following up requests and had potential tilers visit me on site. Although we work on our own this forum makes us feel a part of a bigger unit. IMHO .
We’ve had our ups and downs, been banned and been promoted, but that’s life, the written word can often be misconstrued! But in the end for whatever reason I’ve enjoyed my trade, the last 10 years on here (21st February ) and I’am looking forward to continuing for a while yet!
Enjoy each day!
John

J

J Sid

very well put John, 11 years for me on 1st April (no comments about the day please)
I have leant so much from you, most of all I've learnt not to take your comments to heart :eek:

S

Spare Tool

Well put John, the odd passer through makes for some amusement now and again but its the members that return week after week, year after year make the forum what it is..
Happy Forum Day.

W

White Room

You are what you are John, a passionate man who loves his trade.
Had a few slaps on the knuckles for being verbal but such is life.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Great words TJ, always good advice given, a few tantrums thrown, here’s to the next 10, well done.

Reply to Tilers Forums - 10 years for timeless John !! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks