Discuss Tilers day rate costs query in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all,
Can anybody please advise an approximate day rate that a tiler would charge in South East England (specifically Sussex area)

D

Dumbo

Whatever he thinks he is worth .
But seriously no pricing is discussed in open forum as there are many variables

B

Blunt Tool

I know somebody who swapped a cow for a handful of beans, didn’t go well!

No prices unfortunately, whatever you are happy to work for at a day rate acts as a basis

W

Waluigi

Personally speaking my day rate is completely hidden. I give a complete labour cost.

If a customer were to phone me up and ask my day rate I wouldn’t even know what to say. Thankfully it doesn’t happen.

B

Blunt Tool

Personally speaking my day rate is completely hidden. I give a complete labour cost.

If a customer were to phone me up and ask my day rate I wouldn’t even know what to say. Thankfully it doesn’t happen.
I don’t believe for one minute you don’t know if you are making a ton a day or 3 ton. You would need to work out an approximate time to do job then work out a rate for labour so you would have to know!

B

Blunt Tool

I give a complete total quote materials plus labour but you still need to give a customer a rough idea as to how long you are going to take

W

Waluigi

I don’t believe for one minute you don’t know if you are making a ton a day or 3 ton. You would need to work out an approximate time to do job then work out a rate for labour so you would have to know!

I didn’t say I don’t know what I’m making. I said that I wouldn’t know what to say if I was asked by a customer what my day rate is.

I know exactly what I’m making for each job I do per day but it is made up of margins from materials as well as labour cost.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I won’t do a break down on my prices, normally if someone is asking they aren’t the type worth working for.

J

Just Rizzle

depends if im busy or not or if i want the job or not .this time of year my Saturdays are my small job days so my day rate is equal to 10 mtrs price. take it or leave it.

O

One Day

If you need to ask - you cannot afford me!

dont-say-my-1nxy27.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

How long is a day?
We’re not talking 24 hours but some people put more work in 10 hours then others do in 2/3 days.
Then you have - Plumber turns up 8am, unloads van & 2 hours work, tea. Goes to collect materials and back for 12.30 & lunch. Then 2hours work, tea. Last hour putting tools away and turning water back on, away for 4pm!
Customer thinks he’s great. Of course the leak is from a faulty fitting - manufacturers problem.

J

Just Rizzle

How long is a day?
We’re not talking 24 hours but some people put more work in 10 hours then others do in 2/3 days.
Then you have - Plumber turns up 8am, unloads van & 2 hours work, tea. Goes to collect materials and back for 12.30 & lunch. Then 2hours work, tea. Last hour putting tools away and turning water back on, away for 4pm!
Customer thinks he’s great. Of course the leak is from a faulty fitting - manufacturers problem.
my plumbing mate had the cops called on him when servicing a guys old boiler when he condemned it for being faulty and un safe

D

Dumbo

I always break down . I find customers think you are making a shed load because if you don't tell them what materials cost they think they get put in your van overnight by fairies and you just pocket all that money .

B

Blunt Tool

How long is a day?
2 hours making that noise thru their teeth and muttering no, no, no then telling customer I will need to charge a bit more, put kettle on and I’ll figure out a price

Reply to Tilers day rate costs query in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks