Discuss Tiler Wanted For New Build House Tiling In New Malden, South London in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

SP87

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

Am looking for a tiler to tile approx 70 sq m in total for a new build house in New Malden, KT3. Have attached floorplans of the property which have room dimensions on them (floor to ceiling height approx 2.45m) The details are:

-First floor bathroom fully tiled walls and floor including side of bathtub (ceramic, 600mmx300mm)
-Ground floor WC floor and half tiled walls (ceramic, 600mmx300mm)
-Ground floor kitchen/diner and hallway (including under stairs) - porcelain, 600mmx600mm

The entire ground floor will be a sand/cement concrete screed and the first floor bathroom will be a new chipboard floor and walls will be new plasterboard. I will provide just the tiles themselves and would like you to supply all adhesive, grout, sealant, cleaning products and tile trims. All tile trims for bathroom and WC to be chrome edged. Ground floor tiling also to have 10mm skirting edge against all walls.

Please PM me with a price and also let me know how much notice I will need to give you for your availability for this job. Please price excluding VAT as it is a new build house so is legally zero rated VAT on labour and materials. The construction of the house is still underway so the tiling will be ready to start in September.

Thanks

Ground and First Floors for Tiling.png

SP87

TF
Reaction score
Got no quotes on here and also contacted around 20 tilers on Checkatrade, only 1 of which replied!

Is there something about this job tilers don't like or is everyone literally that busy they don't quote? I assumed tilers would want to do this job as it's a big one, no?

Reaction score
people are unable to price you the job, because to make an adjusted price they need to see the job, if the floor/walls needs preparation, not for being a big job.
I suppose a price like ****** pound by sqm does not make you too happy, so people simply do not waste their time to answer you for a job so far... in september. it's more likely they will not take this job anyway, so, why waste time?!
Count that sometimes preparing the surfaces to tile could be half of the work to do.

Prices are not permitted in an open forum!

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Italy

Hey guys !!!!
SP87 do not say. immediately, for September ...
send the quote. and
I have to go me? ;)

O

Old Mod

Got no quotes on here and also contacted around 20 tilers on Checkatrade, only 1 of which replied!

Is there something about this job tilers don't like or is everyone literally that busy they don't quote? I assumed tilers would want to do this job as it's a big one, no?

If u don't mind meeting me over a weekend on site I'll come and give u a quote, be nice to actually work in my home town.

Reaction score
3_fall, was not a price, was a large margin as example, but I will replace if disturbs you:
SP87, I suppose that a price between x and 3x does not make you happy.

;)

SP87

TF
Reaction score
3_fall, was not a price, was a large margin as example, but I will replace if disturbs you:

;)
Actually a price between x and y is better than no quotes at all for me! As it's a new build house prep work should be minimal, but I understand people will still want to see the job before quoting. I wanted to get an idea of price and know how much notice people would need, so I could book the job in appropriately.

Will repost this closer to the time when people can come on site to see the job and quote accordingly.

Reaction score
I filled walls in a 14 sqm bathroom with 6 bags of adhesive ;) . Took me more than tiling 10 m . So, a price between x pounds and 3x pounds does not help you too much to have an ideea about what you will spend on.

O

Old Mod

;)
It's not about what disturbs me, forum rules state no prices in open forum!
Estimates or not, no prices, period!

T

Time's Ran Out

I get the impression that some 'Tilers' don't know what a tender is!
There is enough information provided to submit a price for sp87 and as with all new work there is plenty of lead in time to visit and finalise details.
You should contact the Tile Emporium in Reigate and get a costing.

I

Italy

I get the impression that some 'Tilers' don't know what a tender is!
There is enough information provided to submit a price for sp87 and as with all new work there is plenty of lead in time to visit and finalise details.
You should contact the Tile Emporium in Reigate and get a costing.
same,Also I think that

Reply to Tiler Wanted For New Build House Tiling In New Malden, South London in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks