Discuss Tiler wanted for bathroom - EN10 in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Futuregrout

Hi

I am looking for a tiler to tile my bathroom. This consists of:

tiling floor with porcelain wood effect tiles - 4m2.

tiling one complete wall, including window reveals; the area behind the shower; half-way up another wall including the boxing in around the toilet; tiling the side and end panels of the bath; and a small upstand. All told, this is about 10m2. All of this is to be done in travertine, brick bond, with a stripe of marble mosiac-style tiles behind the shower head. I want the visible edges of tiles to be finished with brushed steel trim.

The bathroom has been plastered and the area behind the shower, the boxing in for the back-to-wall toilet and shower and bath panels have been lined with plywood. The floorboards have been secured and covered with 12mm plywood. I would like the floor covered with ditra mat before tiling.

I will supply tiles and grout - I am looking for someone to fit the ditra mat; tile the room; grout; and seal the tiles. I would rather you supplied adhesive as you will pick the correct type.

I need this done as soon as possible. The job is in Broxbourne, EN10. There will be other trades working in the house. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

T

Time's Ran Out

Thanks for posting and good luck!

Points to consider - plywood in the shower area is far from ideal.
Visible edges of travertine look better profiled IMO .
Who supplies the brushed steel trim.
What quality are the tiles.
How long have the walls been plastered.
You may have weight issues with your tile choice .
John

F

Futuregrout

Thanks for your suggestions.

Plywood: agreed, but builder is convinced that it's fine. I did suggest we use hardibacker or similar- he was not keen. There is probably just about enough tolerance in the shower fittings to put hardibacker on if needed.

Visible edges: I don't disagree, but we had the brushed steel in the last house and thought it looked pretty smart. (What I really mean is: the wife wants the brushed steel)

Trim: I can supply, but if the fitter has a preference for a particular brand or whatever, happy for them to supply.

Tile quality: erm... not really sure. They are not the absolute cheapest available but far from the most expensive. I think they are about £30/meter

Walls were plastered about 2 months ago.

If anybody wants to quote I would be happy to hear from them!

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Thanks.
Anyone interested in this project can contact the client by PM.
Good luck and thanks for placing your this opportunity in EN10 with the Tilers Forum.

Reply to Tiler wanted for bathroom - EN10 in the Tiling Jobs | Tile Fixer & Contractor Work area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks