Discuss Tiler needed near Hampton Court in the Work Wanted for Wall and Floor Tile Fixers area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Good morning all. I hope you are well.

I am in need of a tiler ASAP after having a horrendous experience with a couple of tilers.

One just said said he was coming and kept calling us saying he was coming but just never showed up. This other guy was a totally different kettle of fish. He said he would come in on Friday with a labourer and tile the small shower room Friday and some of Saturday. Friday he turned up at 8pm on his own, brought all his tools in (no tile cutter though, he used mine which i bought for my 2 bathrooms which I hadn't even used yet) asked for £20 and some food, then went away until 8.30pm and installed 4 tiles until 10.30 when he left.

He said he would be back with is labourer in the morning at 10. He arrived at 1300 with no labourer and again asked for food and said he would finish. Laid another 6 tiles and left again 1500 and came back at 1600. Left again at 17.30 and came back at 1900 until 2300 (no body in house so ok to work late) then said he would come back and finish in the morning at 10am. He arrived at 12. Did 2 hours work which was tile a window reveal and then asked to be paid so he could get some food. I refused to pay him before the job was complete ( he said the job was now 3 x as much as he quoted which was surprising and that he had worked 3 days. Yes 3 days but roughly 4hrs a day. He very dramatically packed up his tools, throwed my tile cutter, chucked the plate of food and drink we had given him and bashing my walls with his tool boxes ran to his car to leave. I paid him want he wanted and asked him not to come back as people were moving in and I couldn't have a tradesman like that in the house while they were there with little kids.

I won't name names and I didn't get him from on here.

Thanks

regards Lee

I am in need of a tiler to tile a small bathroom floor. Around 2.5m2 and using 500x500 tiles.

Reaction score
Good morning all. I hope you are well.

I am in need of a tiler ASAP after having a horrendous experience with a couple of tilers.

One just said said he was coming and kept calling us saying he was coming but just never showed up. This other guy was a totally different kettle of fish. He said he would come in on Friday with a labourer and tile the small shower room Friday and some of Saturday. Friday he turned up at 8pm on his own, brought all his tools in (no tile cutter though, he used mine which i bought for my 2 bathrooms which I hadn't even used yet) asked for £20 and some food, then went away until 8.30pm and installed 4 tiles until 10.30 when he left.

He said he would be back with is labourer in the morning at 10. He arrived at 1300 with no labourer and again asked for food and said he would finish. Laid another 6 tiles and left again 1500 and came back at 1600. Left again at 17.30 and came back at 1900 until 2300 (no body in house so ok to work late) then said he would come back and finish in the morning at 10am. He arrived at 12. Did 2 hours work which was tile a window reveal and then asked to be paid so he could get some food. I refused to pay him before the job was complete ( he said the job was now 3 x as much as he quoted which was surprising and that he had worked 3 days. Yes 3 days but roughly 4hrs a day. He very dramatically packed up his tools, throwed my tile cutter, chucked the plate of food and drink we had given him and bashing my walls with his tool boxes ran to his car to leave. I paid him want he wanted and asked him not to come back as people were moving in and I couldn't have a tradesman like that in the house while they were there with little kids.

I won't name names and I didn't get him from on here.

Thanks

regards Lee

I am in need of a tiler to tile a small bathroom floor. Around 2.5m2 and using 500x500 tiles.
maybe I shouldn't have put this long story up there and should have just written, looking for a tiler:).

By the way, his work that he did is perfect. Walls perfectly flat, no gaps with a level on it. I just believe he thought of himself as an Artist and not a tradesmen.

Reply to Tiler needed near Hampton Court in the Work Wanted for Wall and Floor Tile Fixers area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks