Discuss Tiler looking to migrate from Australia in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tommyjones9

Hi
Im looking to come over to London to live in the next few months and was wondering what the salary would be working for someone and what i could earn if i worked for myself ( sqm on say porcelain floors and bathrooms)

Ive Been tiling for 10 years over in australia and the wages are good but I'm not sure what they would be in london so if anyone has any info be great.
Thanks again

Tommy

S

swanman

Hi mate
In England we charge around £25.00 per metre for ceramic tiling
Porcelains ,stone,slate I charge £35.00 per metre
If you wanted to work for a tiling contractor you could exspect £12/£15 per metre or a daywork rate of around £125/175.00 per day depending what part of the country.London being the best rates of pay
Hope it works out for you

K

kevin.young

Hi we do a lot of high end work in London, Surrey areas and yesterday we put an advert on here as we are regularly looking for an extra pair of hands. Look us up when you come over if your in need of some work. My names kevin and my number is 07885624759

T

tommyjones9

Thanks for your help
I will be based in the stratford area I'm thinking but not 100% sure on this.
If you have fb search mitie tiling or can go on www.mitietiling.com for my website.
Had my own business for awhile over here.
on bathrooms we normally charge how long it is going to take as such small areas to charge per sqm but prob different over there.
Floors are like 25$ to 35$ for ceramics and porcelain like 40 50$ a sqm but the asians over here do it for like 30!
Hope to hear from you soon

Reply to Tiler looking to migrate from Australia in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks